Saturday, June 10, 2006

Hell hath frozen over and pigs are flying....

Well, it finally happenend - it took over one year and a short handed table but Kodiak pulled off a win last night in our little game against Rico in a 20 mins heads up battle. I entered with 40% chips and got down to $20 but came back and finally my pocket fives hit trips on a flop and Rico's pocket twos were no good. Rico had $8 for the next big blind but an Ace high took him out. Whew. And just when I thought it was time to stick with Go Fish....

4 players in the end and a late night start. Rico, Kodiak, Bacon aka MC Drywall and Troy showed up. No rebuys/top ups so the pot was as is (Rico and Kodiak did split it though given the mood of the night when they started their heads up...but then it was a points battle b/c a win for Rico would have eeked him past Stu in the standings).

Bacon was first to leave, taken down by Troy - Troy calls his all in with a 96 suited. Bacon had A4 suited but a 9 hit. bye-bye. Then it Troy's Fall taken down by Rico (although Kodiak had just take many of his chips with KK in the hole vs his AJ - Ks held up on her all in). Troy had 22 and Rico 99. Some betting preflop. Flop hits 932. Ouch. Jim calls Troys all in and well, game over. Bye-Bye. And the rest is as above.

Quotes of the night:

Bacon..."I don't want that one"
Rico..."I'll eat the cripple"

Why do the cards smell like monkey dung?

he's thrusting again (Rico to Bacon...eeyew)

But the best was a 10 minute sprawl in which we were all in tears over a ramble of "special olympics poker tourneys". Completely politically incorrect but damn funny....deal the blind guy's cards face up....rain man table....etc etc....My belly still hurts (as does Bacon's ribs....yawning much these days??)

So a fab time for a small table. 3 1/2 hrs play and all fun.

Kodiak out

2 Comments:

Blogger jim kimball said...

Hey,

I still got my $50.00 (doubled my money) and had to "let" little sister have her moment of glory at least once in this lifetime.

pocket 2's...not even worth the trouble.

10:41 AM  
Blogger Kodiak said...

"let" my arse! You can claim a give tom me if you want, but really, you lost and are still in second. and I have just started. War is on! >:<) kodiak out

3:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home