Saturday, July 29, 2006

A chip, a chair, and a new point leader.....

WOW. Oh, what a night at the Firefly poker event. 9 playa's stepped up to play what may have been the best poker we have ever had. Great plays - nice bluffs - and a finale worth remembering for awhile.

It was a heated battle from the get go. 25c raises - ha! $4 on the first hand, and it was called!

But to the facts....

First to go out was Joey, taken out by Dot and then Nikki followed taken down by Zeus. However, 10pm had not come around yet so rebuys saw a return of our fav Halifax fighting duo (plus Stuey chipped in another few to top up a bit). Everyone else was about the same, no huge chip leaders. It's gonna be a long night.

HOWEVER, Kodiak was soon wiped clean by the BIG hand of the night. She preflopped raised with KK in the hole and got called by many. Flop hit 2K2. Gold! Bets, and everyone folds but Dot (aka Paul). Then the turn, another 2. Kodiak bets, also flat called. Hmmn. Something is up. River is a blank. Dot bets, but only abuot 1/4 the pot. Pot odds (but she knew is was over). She smartly calls but Dot was holding A2 so his quads took her down (kings over deuces). She was left with 15$ but Stuey hit Jacks to her AQ and she missed and then Ig finished her off. So a new dealer was born! - You must return my little Dot.....game on !

Next break, Dot had the big chip lead and little Nikki was looking short. And then WHAM! One big hand to rico - he sliced and diced both Nikki and Ig to climb up towards Dot. Next to say bye-bye was Joe, taken down by Stuey's pocket 8's. Joe's 5/7 didn't catch. Good try. Stuey didn't last too much longer though when lil sis river dealing gave Dot 2 pairs and took him out. Riverrat!! (oh, what did I care...I was out...plus, truly, I like to see whoever takes me out win....:>)

Down to the final four. Bubble boys all as only 3 were going home with the change. Pop Pop fizz fizz oh what a joy it is.....Zeusy taken down by Dot. Zeusy's top pair was good, but Dot's 2 pairs were better. 3 up.

Spot (who has been pretty quiet all game), Rico and Dot. Leader definitly Dot. Should have been the mighty Salloums in the heads up but Spot's Ks could not hold up to Dot's flush on the turn. Good call.

Should talk about the other big turn of the game. poor Rico was ka-boomed down to 2$ with 3 players. He tripled twice in a row to $18 and hit to about $24 when Spot went out. Dot was 10-1 chip lead going to heads up. Truth be told, lil sis dealt some damn good cards to Rico during his trial - pocket 7s, AQ etc.

2 double ups later (although it did take about 25 minutes) and Rico was the new leader.....A battle ensued and although Dot hit, Rico finally took him down (but I can't recall with what....it was 130 am). Big Bro's dealing (spot) gave little to Dot and well rico had the luck of the poker gods. But man, good playing. I give my hats off to Dot and Rico for sure.

Although, I do question one fold of KK by Dot....of course, if I had I may have gotten 10 minutes farther in the game.....

Too busy watching the action to take to many quotes but one I did write down was "catching bullets with my meat" and I am not even sure why. hmph.

Thanks Ig and Spot for joining in our games and you can check out updated point counts in the next day or two as I am off on a date! (ssh, don't tell marky-mark)

Kodiak out




2 Comments:

Blogger jim kimball said...

the final hand i held 10-6, flop was 10-6-4 i think, dot had the 6 (forget his 2nd card...i think myabe a 3). we bet $10, saw the turn...no help to either. dot went all-in and i called. Game over.

How did i get to $2...went all-in with pocket Qs in the final 3 when Spot called with A-10...and of course the A hit.

oh well, just let me begin my looooooong climb back. thanks for the cards Kodiak.

10:25 AM  
Blogger El Cerdo Ignatius said...

Kodiak, thank you so much for welcoming me into your home and including me in the poker game. As the other pigs can attest, I quickly and easily cough up my money in just about any setting.

2:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home